Velo Adelaide 500

All event related discussion should go here.. e.g. Clipsal 500, Womadelaide, SALA, etc.
GreenMan
Sen-Rookie-Sational

Re: Superloop 500

#106 Post by GreenMan » Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:21 am

rev wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:05 am
The setup always takes 3 months.
Cupcake, keep in mind that they really only have 2 months of reasonable weather.

There will be many days where they won’t be able to work due to rain / wind.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

Re: Superloop 500

#107 Post by rev » Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:03 pm

GreenMan wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:21 am
rev wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:05 am
The setup always takes 3 months.
Cupcake, keep in mind that they really only have 2 months of reasonable weather.

There will be many days where they won’t be able to work due to rain / wind.
Email the Motorsport Board and let them know you're that concerned about them finishing on time, you'll be there holding an umbrella up for the workers.

Cryptic
Gold-Member ;)

Re: Velo Adelaide 500

#108 Post by Cryptic » Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:43 pm

Jaymz
Legendary Member!

#109 Post by Jaymz » Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:49 pm

I have no doubt this years event will be a resounding success, based on public sentiment and living in the past. Corporate sponsorship is well down and so are the ticket prices for the punters, no doubt the punters...aka the tax payer will pick up the tab.

VinyTapestry849
Legendary Member!

#110 Post by VinyTapestry849 » Thu Jun 20, 2024 10:31 pm

Hope whoever is managing the Adelaide 500 gets some proper grandstands this year

We need to get the old ones back:
Clipsal-500_054.jpg
Instead of this:
9864_2023rscr12_adl500_re_raceproject_img20570-enhanced-nr-min.jpg

abc
Legendary Member!

#111 Post by abc » Thu Jun 20, 2024 11:04 pm

VinyTapestry849 wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2024 10:31 pm
Hope whoever is managing the Adelaide 500 gets some proper grandstands this year

Clipsal-500_054.jpg

Instead of this:
The top photo is more suited to March weather, the bottom is more suited to November weather. Ask your mates in baggage handling.
Adelaide is the best location in Australia to shoot a drama set in the 60s

rev

#112 Post by rev » Sun Jun 23, 2024 12:07 pm

VinyTapestry849 wrote:

Clipsal-500_054.jpg

Instead of this:
I think if the state is serious about this major event, and using this space as a year-long event area to make it more economically feasible, the option of a permanent facility really needs to be looked at again.
The bi-annual World Solar Car challenge can end there instead of Victoria Square, same with the TDU, have it hosted there.
Adelaide 500 is in November, a lot of the infrastructure that's erected for the 500 can be kept in place for the TDU in January.
If they move the WSC Challenge from August to October, it could be a staged build of the temp infrastructure. Put up what's needed for that, then when that finishes up continue building up for the 500. When that's done, build down/re-jig things for the TDU.

Would cut down costs for the three events, and cut down costs for the Adelaide council needing to repair the damage to grass in Victoria Square.

Include a pit lane hotel, restaurant etc, have space for use by community groups and sports clubs.
Why not even have some sort of open arched structure over pit lane that easily allows for temporary grand stands to be built on the western side of it, that is lit up at night and is basically a public art installation year round.

VinyTapestry849
Legendary Member!

#113 Post by VinyTapestry849 » Sun Jun 23, 2024 12:23 pm

rev wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2024 12:07 pm
VinyTapestry849 wrote:

Clipsal-500_054.jpg

Instead of this:
I think if the state is serious about this major event, and using this space as a year-long event area to make it more economically feasible, the option of a permanent facility really needs to be looked at again.
The bi-annual World Solar Car challenge can end there instead of Victoria Square, same with the TDU, have it hosted there.
Adelaide 500 is in November, a lot of the infrastructure that's erected for the 500 can be kept in place for the TDU in January.
If they move the WSC Challenge from August to October, it could be a staged build of the temp infrastructure. Put up what's needed for that, then when that finishes up continue building up for the 500. When that's done, build down/re-jig things for the TDU.

Would cut down costs for the three events, and cut down costs for the Adelaide council needing to repair the damage to grass in Victoria Square.

Include a pit lane hotel, restaurant etc, have space for use by community groups and sports clubs.
Why not even have some sort of open arched structure over pit lane that easily allows for temporary grand stands to be built on the western side of it, that is lit up at night and is basically a public art installation year round.

Personally I disagree, I don't want permanent structure on the parklands. We need to introduce some sort of law to stop selling off our parklands to developers

I just want more grandstands to make the atmosphere better, and allow more people.

The Adelaide 500 is the biggest event in the Supercars calendar, drawing in even more people the Bathurst 1000. We should have more massive grandstands instead of the current crap.

P.S. I responded to you in "airport & airlines" thread

rev

#114 Post by rev » Sun Jun 23, 2024 12:43 pm

VinyTapestry849 wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2024 12:23 pm
rev wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2024 12:07 pm
VinyTapestry849 wrote:

Clipsal-500_054.jpg

Instead of this:

Personally I disagree, I don't want permanent structure on the parklands. We need to introduce some sort of law to stop selling off our parklands to developers

I just want more grandstands to make the atmosphere better, and allow more people.

The Adelaide 500 is the biggest event in the Supercars calendar, drawing in even more people the Bathurst 1000. We should have more massive grandstands instead of the current crap.

P.S. I responded to you in "airport & airlines" thread
I get that, but it's not selling off the parklands or part of it.
The area a pit building would be built is concrete, it's where the temp pit building goes.
Having a permanent building there, would save so much money in the long run, and generate year round economic activity.
This state needs to stop being scared of it's own shadow, the state bank collapse is in the past. We cant emerge from it wholly and prosper, while still letting it affect decisions. Similarly with the parklands arguments.
This section is already concrete, same argument with the festival plaza. It wasn't 'parklands' for a very long time. And most of the site for the nWCH hasn't been parklands, or usable green space, for a long long time.
Are we actually losing anything in these instances?
In this instance, with Vic Park, the southern section has been redeveloped into wetlands and walking trails. In the northern section we have this concrete slab and bitumen that sits there year round only used for when the Supercars role into town. Wouldn't a better use of that non-parkland concrete and bitumen be to actually build something on it that would draw more events, and more people to the surrounding parklands year round that would generate jobs and economic activity? Just my 2 cents..