News & Discussion: Adelaide Airport & Airlines

Threads relating to transport, water, etc. within the CBD and Metropolitan area.
VinyTapestry849
Legendary Member!

Re: News & Discussion: Adelaide Airport & Airlines

#3331 Post by VinyTapestry849 » Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:59 am

EBG wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2024 12:03 am
I think it is disgraceful that the only place you can fly overseas by Quantas is Kingscoat in the republic of Kangaroo Island. yet you could fly to Singapore and the restof Asia and Europe by Quntas back in the 1980's,
It’s is utterly disgraceful. And they have the the GALL to call themselves the national carrier.

Qantas’s behaviour is stateism (distaste for another state), typical elitism, and just textbook discrimination and lack of consideration

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#3332 Post by rev » Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:53 am

VinyTapestry849 wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:59 am
EBG wrote:
I think it is disgraceful that the only place you can fly overseas by Quantas is Kingscoat in the republic of Kangaroo Island. yet you could fly to Singapore and the restof Asia and Europe by Quntas back in the 1980's,
It’s is utterly disgraceful. And they have the the GALL to call themselves the national carrier.

Qantas’s behaviour is stateism (distaste for another state), typical elitism, and just textbook discrimination and lack of consideration
I guess it comes down to profitability.
Although I'm sure there would be at least a couple of international routes out of Adelaide that Qantas could be profitable on.

abc
Legendary Member!

#3333 Post by abc » Sat Sep 21, 2024 12:01 pm

VinyTapestry849 wrote:
EBG wrote:

I think it just comes down to capitalism. If it were economic for them they would serve SA. Free markets, if there is such a thing in 2024, don't discriminate.
Adelaide is the best location in Australia to shoot a drama set in the 60s

dbl96
High Rise Poster!

#3334 Post by dbl96 » Sat Sep 21, 2024 9:53 pm

VinyTapestry849 wrote:
EBG wrote:

Their loss. Outcome for them is that they’ve lost their market to Singapore Airlines.

And I don’t think that’s a bad thing anyway - Singapore Airlines is nice. I’m not sure what else Qantas would offer that we aren’t already getting from Singapore.

Brucetiki
Legendary Member!

#3335 Post by Brucetiki » Mon Sep 23, 2024 1:00 pm

dbl96 wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2024 9:53 pm
VinyTapestry849 wrote:
EBG wrote:

Their loss. Outcome for them is that they’ve lost their market to Singapore Airlines.

And I don’t think that’s a bad thing anyway - Singapore Airlines is nice. I’m not sure what else Qantas would offer that we aren’t already getting from Singapore.
Besides the ability to redeem Qantas Frequent Flyer points, not a great deal.

I'd say the SQ service to SIN would be far superior to QF's

Brucetiki
Legendary Member!

#3336 Post by Brucetiki » Mon Sep 23, 2024 1:01 pm

VinyTapestry849 wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:55 am
Brucetiki wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:37 pm

I'm not sure that ADL-SIN would fail for QF.

It's a good opportunity for people to redeem Qantas points on an international flight without needing to fly interstate. This could also potentially feed into QF1 at SIN.

Plus having 2 international airliners offering ADL-SIN can only be good for airfares.
You can burn all your Qantas points of Emirates btw, they’ve got a partnership.

I’m not sure Qantas could support Singapore any more. SIA is just dominating the market and increasing frequency soon. I find it hard for the Qantas board to approve that route resuming.
Yep, but EK's taxes and fees and significantly higher than QF's, which diminishes the value of the points.